Thursday, March 5, 2020

Boomers and corona

Hallo retards.
It is time I go back to my element, ranting about older people. As everyone probably knows, the world is in a pandemic situation when it comes to the corona virus. Europe is being eaten alive lmao. I am actually concerned about the virus, because as edgy as I want to be, I know people that I don't want to lose (unlike some godlike creatures I've interacted with).
Last week, during lunchtime I mentioned that my family should pass by the pharmacy to stock up on masks and hand sanitizer. My grandma's reaction was fantastic. She said I was dumb and pathetic for thinking that those precautions were necessary. She said that the flu is way more dangerous, way more people die in the pool and we're not banning pools, 2% mortality rate is low so stop worrying. I must note, my grandma doesn't believe in evolution, or in artificial selection. She thinks that the fruit and vegetables on earth have always been this way, that we didn't shape them throughout time to be as juicy and as nutritious as possible. She thinks GMO's and artificial selection throughout the entirety of human existence are the exact same and doesn't want to believe in science whatsoever. She also thinks that lactose intolerance is bs (yeah I nearly puke all the time cause dairy is just so good for me mmmm). All that aside, she doesn't really understand that she is one of the main people that should be worried about the virus. Old people have very bad hygiene, in my opinion, cause "back in the old days we only took a shower per three days, and we didn't wash our hands cause real men make their immune system stronger by congesting every single possible decease!" They cough into their hands, instead of into their arms (i was always taught to cough and sneeze into the inner part of my arm, because in general we shouldn't spread our spit). They don't wash their food, and don't really take medical advice; they're always picking their nose and at their skin and then go and touch things without washing their hands; etc...
So let's imagine the following scenario:
I'm on my way to school, I usually have to hop on two different subway lines. One of the subway lines I take is connected to the airport. Someone comes back from italy. They cough, sneeze, or overall just spread their breath droplets on the subway's surface. Someone else touches the surface, and scratches their nose. That person has the virus now. The incubation period of the novel corona virus is more than 24 days. That person goes around, kisses their loved ones, their children, releases breath droplets into public transport, interacts with people at work. That person probably passed the virus to many people, and they won't know for a long time, due to the very long incubation time.
I feel like I need to rectify myself. I am not afraid of the virus for me, I take the necessary precautions, I do the best I can. But some people think they are superior, that a "little" virus won't do anything to them, things always happen to everyone but them, blah blah status quo, blah blah. So they don't take any precautions and keep being the unhygienic gross motherfuckers they are. Two days In my physics lab my teacher begged us to wash our hands before getting in class cause of the virus, and of course we did. Once again, when talking about this to my grandma she thought it idiotic. People act as if the unnecessary death of others is fine, just cause it's not them or their close ones. "It's only 2% of the population that is dying". People die all the time, why are people ok with the additional death of others? I can't grasp it. And unlike the flu our body isn't fully able to just get the rid of the virus. Covid-19 is a serious disease. Just cause you are not in danger it doesn't mean you get to deny science and  play god while you can.
That's all, honestly, fuck people that don't believe in science, up yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

going mc fucking crazy

That's simply it